The game called Baccarat is said to have been invented in the XVI century in what is now the Italian city of Naples. The term baccarat is said to have meant zero in the Neapolitan dialect of the time. Another origin story states that the name of the game may have been derived from the town of Baccara in eastern. A more recent origin story now says that the game itself is said to have originated at the beginning of the 19th century.
In any case, the game used to be offered in two variants in the casino houses. One was Baccara Chemin de Fer and the other was Baccara Banque. From these two variants, other ways of playing the game can be derived. Today, the game most commonly played is the variation called Punto Banco.
The name Chemin de Fer, which means railway, again stands for the fact that the card carriage in this variation resembles a small railway. This variation is also famous for its popularity with the English royal family and also with the famous spy hero James Bond. This is why the Chemin de Fer variation is also called Chemmy in the English-speaking world.
Regardless of whether Baccarat is played on the Internet or at a table, the rules always remain the same. According to the Baccarat rules, a player and the banker sit opposite each other. The object of Baccarat is for the player to guess which of the hands will be superior to the others. Baccarat is played with 6 or 8 packs of cards. The first and third cards drawn are dealt to the player, while the second and fourth cards drawn are dealt to the banker. Then no other card is to be dealt unless the game is tied.
Only then shall both parties be dealt a final card to finally determine the winner. The score of each participant is equal to the last digit of the sum of his cards. If the player has a 7 and a 3, then the score of his hand is 10. However, only the 0 is important, so having high cards is not important to win at Baccarat. The game is a real fun challenge and is always played according to the same pattern. Here, the strategies of the players can certainly differ from each other.
Live Baccarat – “17+4” realistic and in real time
Playing Baccarat in an online casino has a decisive advantage: the computer system takes over a multitude of rules, so that the actual game principle is limited to a rather simple card game in Blackjack style.
The facts about Live Baccarat in detail:
- Baccarat is played in the live version with live video of the table and dealer.
- The Baccarat rules should be internalised at a play money table before venturing to the live table.
- You can play strategically at Baccarat and practice the casino game.
Basics and rules
Live Baccarat is a special variation of Baccarat. Just like Blackjack, in Baccarat the player and the banker try to get as close as possible to a certain number value, in this case nine. To do this, simply put, you can either draw cards in addition to the cards you already have or wait and bet that the bank will lose with the next move. It’s really quite simple.
Here is a classic gameplay according to the Baccarat rules in brief:
- To be able to play Baccarat on the Internet, it is advisable to have already internalised the rules of the game. Then you can start playing more safely.
- The croupier deals two cards each to the player and the banker.
- The banker and the player can then compare their hands because the cards are also revealed on the table.
- The aim of the game is to get as close as possible to the value nine. If the sum of both cards is 8 or 9, this is called a “naturel”. However, this situation can also consist of cards with the value 8 or 9 plus a 10.
- If the player or the banker has a naturel, i.e. a hand with a value of 8 or 9, then the player wins. With this so-called “naturel”, the player does not get any more cards, which would only weaken his chances of winning.
- If the player and the banker both have a so-called “naturel” with 8 or 9, then it is a draw.
- In this case, the better “naturel” wins over the other, i.e. a “naturel” with 9 wins over one with 8.
- If the player has a hand with a value below 6, he must draw a third card.
- If the banker has a hand with a value of less than 6, he must also draw a third card.
- If a hand reaches less than 7 points, then it is advantageous for both player and banker to draw a new card in order to be able to approach the value 9.
- If neither the player nor the banker has a “Naturel”, then the player has the advantage. If the player has a value of 6 or 7, he must then “stand still”.
Technical refinements in live Baccarat
One is to understand the Baccarat rules. These seem somewhat complex at first glance, but they are not. The bottom line is that it is a 17+4 variant with different card value interpretations and certain game rules as to when cards must be drawn.
On the other hand, it is really important to play Live Baccarat only with a fast internet connection. Otherwise, the video image and the digital display are no longer synchronised. And then there is certainly no casino feeling at home.